Sunday 18 August 2013

Summer update

Since I am going to be focusing on some other types of skiing rather than just skimo racing next winter, I have been able to be little more flexible with my training program this summer. Here are a few pictures from some of the longer trips I have went on this summer.

My longest trip this summer was accompanying my Dad and cousin for the first week of their ride across Canada. I spent a week riding with them and when I reached the Kootenays I turned around and started riding home.

Hwy #3 has some great vistas!

Danny with the first flat tire of the trip.

Paulson Summit, one of the many pass on Highway 3


Another fun trip I had was to Rogers Pass. I have spent some time skiing there in the winter but I haven't spent much time there during the summer. My wife and I climbed Uto Peak and then we climbed the NW Ridge of Sir Donald with our friends Michelle and Nick. We also did some trail running, and when the weather changed we headed home.

Making my way up Uto Peak.

Aimee and I on the top of Uto with Mount Sir Donald NW Ridge
in the back ground.

Making my way up Mount Sir Donald's NW Ridge.

Nick and Michelle looking for the easiest way down the NW Ridge.

The left skyline is the NW Ridge of Sir Donald and the route we climbed.
Beautiful trails for running in Glacier National Park.

I have been running lots this summer around Squamish and have entered a few trail races this year. The first was Loop The Lakes, right here in Squamish, where I was just able to hold off Nick Elson, a great runner and friend, to win. The second was the Kusam Klimb in Sayward BC. In that race I was no match for Nick's downhill speed and placed second behind him. The latest was the 23km at the  Squamish 50, which you can read about here.

Ski season will be starting in September for me this year (surprise!), so stay tuned to see where my next adventure will take me.


No comments:

Post a Comment